Why can it be so difficult to manage our weight ?
Counselling will help you learn about your relationship with food. Developing insight into the root cause of the problem makes it much easier to manage.
By learning new skills to manage your weight, you can greatly increase your chances of losing weight and keeping it off.
Goals of Weight Counselling
• Understanding your relationship with food
• Achieving realistic expectations about weight loss
• Developing a healthy relationship with food
• Overcoming negative patterns, eg, noticing if you eat when you are physically hungry, or are you experiencing emotional hunger
• Enjoying your food without feeling guilty
• Improving your self-esteem
• Reducing negative feelings about yourself and your body
• Feeling motivated to take and enjoy regular exercise
We know the body won’t change if the mind doesn’t co-operate